There are so many physical and spiritual needs that must be met in raising these little ones in a wholesome, safe and healthy environment. First and foremost, please pray that everything we plan and do is accomplished according to the will of God.
From this form you can make a one time or recurring contribution to the Sonrise Children's Home and related Ministry Needs using a credit card or your bank account.
Prayer And Financial Needs
Praise God! He has mightily provided in the closing months of our need to move from our present overcrowded Jinja home in early 2018.
Thanks to many loving souls we are near complete with the 3 duplex cottages. Each duplex cottage is 4,750 square feet (2.325 per side). Latrines, solar power systems and auntie's bathrooms are in process of being installed and provisions have been provided for window and door screening, outside stoves, bedding for 60 children and 6 aunties, dining tables and benches, personal trunks, shoes racks and pad locks. Livestock owned: 41 pigs, 26 goats, 2 milk cows, 2 oxen and 6 chicken. Cultivated fields include: rice, corn, sweet potatoes, peppers, eggplant, 1 mango tree and 1 jackfruit tree.
We continue to pray for the following items. (updated 15 Nov 2017)
1. ITEMS NEEDED FOR move in
- Cooking Utensils, pots, pans - $1,900
- Plates, cups, bowls, utensils - $1,600
- Security fence around cottages - $5,500 (Chain link, concrete posts)
- Towels & rags - $700
- Curtains & rods - $2,000
- Sofas (6) - $1,900
- Chairs (12) - $1,900
- Cloths Hangers - $225
- Shelving and cubies - $2,250
- House signs - $120 (naming/labeling all buildings)
- Wall appliqués' - $2,500 (biblical)
2. Complete 8 room school building
- Boys and Girls Latrines - $12,500
- Kitchen & Supplies - $5,000
- Teaching Materials - $2,800
160 double school desks/chairs - $7,200
8 teacher desks / chairs - $2,000
8 locked supply cabinets - $1,200
8, 40 count cubbies - $2,000
10 bulletin boards - $600
- Solar system - $8,500
Total Needed to Open School: $41,800
3. Sonrise Children’s Farming Project
This a critical part of our desire to become more self-sustaining. (shown in order of importance)
a. Sugar Cane Project - $40,000. 100 Acres of land and sugarcane.
b. 40 Acres of Land for the dry crops - $40,000
c. Funds to plant crops - $8,000. Ginger, eggplant, green Beans, cabbage, green peppers, carrots, onions, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, dry beans, Irish potatoes, corn, matooke, small bananas, large bananas, watermelon, pineapple, passion fruit, oranges, lemons, and jackfruit
d. 15 Acres of Land for the Livestock - $15,000.
- Beef Cows @ $600 ea x 20 = $12,000
- Milk cows @ $1,000 ea x 20 = $20,000
- Goats @ $50 ea x 100 = $5,000
- Chickens @ $10 ea x 150 = $1,500
- Turkeys @ $35 ea x 50 = $1,750
- Pigs @$100 ea x 50 = $1,500
f. Pig Pen for 50 pigs - $1,000 (concrete floor)
g. Tilapia Farm - $20,000 per cage (want 2-4 cages)