Last updated 6-May-2018
First and foremost, please pray that everything we plan and do is accomplished according to the will of God.
From the form below you may make a one time or recurring contribution to the Sonrise Children's Home and related Ministry Needs using a credit card or your bank account. Please consider adding a 5% overhead fee to help us provide these services. (provided by Anedot.com) While we encourage a general fund gift you may provide a special request in the Comment field below.
Thanks to many loving souls, we are nearly finished with the 3 duplex cottages. Each duplex cottage is 4,750 square feet (2.325 feet per side). Latrines, solar power systems, and auntie's bathrooms are in process of being installed, and provisions have been provided for window and door screening, outside stoves, bedding for 60 children and 6 aunties, dining tables and benches, personal trunks, shoes racks, and padlocks. Our owned livestock includes 41 pigs, 26 goats, 2 milk cows, 2 oxen, and 6 chicken. Cultivated fields include rice, corn, sweet potatoes, peppers, eggplant, 1 mango tree, and 1 jackfruit tree.
- Continuing to maintain the access road (temporary repairs)
- Latrines / shower houses lack exterior plaster and paint (lack of funds); toilets and showers are functional.
In order of priority:
- Complete our crop storage building, estimated cost to complete is $7,000
- Fence for livestock - $2,000
- Generator 15kv - $7,000 (to support Sonrise homes and well pump; needed during rainy seasons when the solar power does not operate)
- 2nd Water Well - $15,000. We already have the well pipe installed. We need to install a tank structure, solar well pump, and house. This will provide for the growing needs of the facility. (2-Tanks - $2,800, Tank tower - $5,500, Pump - $3,600, Solar - $1,700, Labor/transport - $1,400)
- School cafeteria shelter - $5,000 (metal roofing panels, cement flooring, steel and wood structure)
- 40 Acres of Land for dry crops - $40,000. Land is available. If we don't purchase soon from an adjoining landowner, it may sell to a large corporation for commercial farming.
- Completing the 8 room school building (in the following priority)
- Kitchen & Supplies - $5,000
- Teaching Materials - $2,800
- Furnishings (eight locked supply cabinets - $1,200, eight
- 40-count cubbies - $2,000, ten bulletin boards - $600)
- Solar system - $8,500
Sonrise Children’s Farming Project
This a critical part of our desire to become more self-sustaining (shown in order of importance).
a. Sugar Cane Project - $40,000. 100 Acres of land and sugarcane.
b. Funds to plant crops - $8,000. Ginger, eggplant, green Beans, cabbage, green peppers, carrots, onions, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, dry beans, Irish potatoes, corn, matooke, small bananas, large bananas, watermelon, pineapple, passion fruit, oranges, lemons, and jackfruit
c. 15 Acres of Land for the Livestock - $15,000.
d. Pig Pen for 50 pigs - $2,000 (concrete floor, lumber, roofing panels, labor)
e. Goat fence and house - $2,000
- Beef Cows ($600 ea x 20 = $12,000)
- Milk cows ($1,000 ea x 20 = $20,000)
- Goats ($50 ea x 100 = $5,000)
- Chickens ($10 ea x 150 = $1,500)
- Turkeys ($35 ea x 50 = $1,750)
- Pigs ($100 ea x 50 = $1,500)
g. Tilapia Farm - $20,000 per cage (desire 2-4 cages)
Sponsor A Sonrise Child
If you are looking to sponsor one of our Sonrise Home children, please visit one of these pages:
:: Click here to read more about our New Children's Home Complex