Ivan & Melissa's Vision
We are casting the net wide and praying for what God will do.
Sonrise Children’s Home currently resides on rented property in Jinja, Uganda. The very modest home has approximately 30 children plus adult leadership. We have no room to grow. There are also landlord restrictions which prevent the construction of permanent secondary structures on the land which inhibits our ability to add items like a chicken coop, add a laundry room or additional bedrooms.
We are praying God will provide 100 acres of land to support this rapidly growing ministry. Our vision for the children's home is to have infrastructure to care for up to 200 children. Read below for more inforamtion.
Click on the Donate button below to partner with us in the purchase of this land. Example amount shown here.
1/8 Acre - $125
1/4 Acre - $250
1/2 Acre - $500
3/4 Acre - $750
1 Acre - $1,000
5 Acres - $5,000
Praise God! 40 Acres have been purchased!
Our desire is to have a school, medical clinic for our children and the local village children (who can't afford the fees), a recreation center, workshop training center (to teach life and vocational skills), pastoral training center, chapel, guest house for visiting teams, agricultural lands and livestock to supply food for the homes and sell for income.
The children will be with us from as young as three years old, up to 20 years of age. Many of these will have transitioned from the Sonrise Baby Home.
We are praying that God will open doors for this project. This is one of our greatest visions and goals!
- Phase 1 – Construct 3 boys homes, 3 girls homes, cafeteria, and Directors home. Plant crops and add livestock.
- Phase 2 – Construct office, combined meeting hall / game center, guesthouse, primary school, teacher housing. Add more crops and livestock.
- Phase 3 – Construct a library and computer lab, secondary school, married staff housing, single staff housing.
- Phase 4 – Construct a worship center, class rooms, medical clinic, nurse housing, workshop for school where they learn life skills.
- Phase 5 – Construct pastoral conference center which doubles as a bible school for 18-20 year olds before they leave the home, conference center directors house. Recreation fields (soccer/rugby, basketball, volleyball, netball, tennis, cricket, baseball, swimming pool)
When God provides the land, it will create opportunities for visiting teams and ministry partners to help with the infrastructure construction. It should reduce our operating costs by not having to pay rent. We have concept designs prepared for most of the new structures.
The agriculture would include foods to feed the children and workers but also income producing crops such as coffee, tilapia, sugarcane, corn, potatoes, bananas, Matooke, pineapple, rice, sweet potatoes, carrots, peppers, tomatoes, onions, garlic, lemons, ginger, etc. Livestock could include cows, chickens, pigs, goats, turkeys and bee farm for honey.
We know these are God Sized goals but unless we can secure more room, we will never be able to help more children. Please pray with us in how YOU can partner to make this a reality.
God WILL make a way!
Ivan and Melissa Mukulu
(Please contact us with your questions or to let us know you are praying)